I am a huge fan of body weight fitness. The community at the Bodyweight Fitness subreddit was my starting point for educating myself about movement. Their beginner routine is top-notch. Below, you’ll find a summary of some of my favorite fitness resources.
- Antranik is a personal trainer from California who practices bodyweight fitness and yoga. He taught me how to L-sit and and touch my toes.
- Another great routine can be found at the Start Bodyweight website. Be sure to check out the info-graphic!
- Eric Cressey is very knowledgeable about weight lifting and bio-mechanics in general. Here he is explaining the deadlift.
There are also a lot of great youtube channels out there which go into detail on various fitness subjects.
- Kelly Starret’s channel Mobility WOD is great for mobility related queries.
- Elliott Hulse taught me how to deadlift. His “crude bits of ruthless truth” are an invaluable perspective.
- Ido Portal is a bodyweight fitness master. Antranik gives an incredible summary of his work.
I’m still learning how to eat properly, so the nutrition section below is a work in progress.
- I’ve been adding healthy recipes to my internal cookbook with minimal cost thanks to Beth at Budget Bytes.